Australian Fragility Fracture Registry
The Australian Fragility Fracture Registry has been created to capture the variance in service and highlight the important role that fracture liaison services plays in providing better health outcomes.
To date, we have completed a facility level survey of secondary fracture facilities in Australia, locked in the minimum data set for the patient-level registry and applied for ethics approval to collect patient specific data.
The Fragility Fracture Registry is guided and coordinated by the ANZ Fracture Liaison Services Registry Steering Group, which consists of representatives of key professional and consumer bodies from Australia and New Zealand including:
- Kirtan Ganda - Clinical Lead, Endocrinologist, NSW
- Markus Seibel - Endocrinologist, NSW, SOSFA Chair
- Ann Robinson - Nurse Practitioners, QLD, (also SOSFA Treasurer)
- Tania Winzenberg - RACGP, General Medicine, Tasmania, (also SOSFA Committee)
- Gustavo Duque - Geriatrician, University of Melbourne, VIC
- Mark Kotowicz - Endocrinologist, Victoria, (also SOSFA Committee)
- Solange Bernado - Fracture Liaison Nurse Coordinator, VIC
- Paul Mitchell - Osteoporosis NZ
- Roger Harris - Osteoporosis NZ
- Christine Gill - Osteoporosis NZ
- Nicola Ward - Osteoporosis NZ
- Stewart Fleming - IT and Registry development/support, Qld
The first Australian Fragility Fracture Foundation Education Session was held using zoom on the 30th of March 2022. Presentations included Welcome – Stewart Fleming NZ Fragility Fracture progress – Christine Gill, Roger Harris (slides here) Demonstration of ANZ Fragility Fracture Registry – Stewart Fleming Challenges in case identification – Solange Bernado (slides here) Wrap up…
2021 Facility Survey - Completed
The focus of the facility survey is to get a snapshot of the programs and services around the nation that provide secondary fracture prevention.
Fragility Fracture Patient Registry
The National Fragility Fracture Registry will collect patient specific data and has been developed in anticipation of ethics approval. There is a demo site available for testing.